In response to the COVID-19 crisis and in order to comply with the measures taken by the Honduran government, Casita has taken the following actions:
- Care for Children in Casitas – The children are continuing to receive care in their homes, with a different routine due to a change of staff scheduling.
- Food Packets for Daycare Families – Since the daycare is closed and most moms are unable to work because of the shutdown, we are continuing to provide food and goods every 2 weeks.
- Educational Care Packages – We are sending packages with school supplies, art supplies, and educational support activities for our interns, the daycare kids, and the foster home kids.
- Hygiene Care Packages – We are sending some basic medicine, hygiene supplies, deodorant, toothbrushes etc. to all our children and moms.
- Psychological Support – Through evaluations and visits from our staff psychologist, we are monitoring the psychological well-being of our children and staff.
- Compliance with Stay at Home Order & Hygiene Practices – All casitas are respecting norms of hygiene (hand-washing, cleaning surfaces with bleach, etc.) and respecting stay-at-home orders to protect the safety of our children, staff, and community.
- Staff – Staff roles have been rearranged due to the circumstances, but are still receiving full pay and benefits; We are doing everything we can to protect our employees and their financial well-being.